Do You have a Backup Plan for if Things “Go South”
I am doing a blog on standby generators because I think with all the “craziness” going on in the World, generators are actually a very wise investment… AND hopefully one of my first sponsors for Springfield Phoenix blog! However at the time of writing this – 10/15/2021, every single blog I write (up to 32 blogs I think) is because I enjoy producing content. I have been through more power outages than I really want to even remember. Sometimes it stays out for days and it f**king sucks let me tell you! Having a whole house generator on your property puts you in control of the power to your home!
Permanent Home Standby Generators
- running watts – this is what powers all of your appliances, lights, air conditioner, flat screen, etc., and runs continuously – until switched off (or runs out of fuel/solar power/battery).
- peak watts – this is a higher number of watts because it’s the surge of power needed to start up the generator.
Making the Decision: To Buy, or Not to Buy
If you want your house to continue running and functioning like normal – with all appliances, computers and lighting in case of a sudden outage – a standby home generator is your best option. A standby generator is sometimes referred to as a permanent or hard-wired generator because it is literally attached to your house and ready to go.
Positioning, Maintenance and Upkeep of your Whole House Standby Generator – 3 Main Things
- About every hundred hours of operation, you will need to change the oil (easier than putting oil in a car engine).
- There’s an air filter that just needs to be cleaned every few days (in case of daily use of generator).
- And every once in awhile you’ll need to change the spark plug when erosion begins.